Tuesday, April 28, 2009

West Coast Collegiate Cycling Conference Championships UC Davis


Report by Paul Mach:

Had some good racing this weekend at the collegiate conference championships in Davis. Here is the 411.

Saturday morning team time trial. My team has been winning without me by minutes all season so we weren't too worried. We won, I don't know by how much

Saturday afternoon road race. 4x20 miles with a 4 mile gravel section. UC Davis had 1of 2 guys off the front with 1 lap to go. 3 Davis guys bridged up to make it 4 of 5. We worked the other guy over and us 4 rolled across the line together. I got second.

Sunday's Crit, 60min, 6 corners in downtown Davis. Rode hard. Spent the second half in a break, attacked with 5 to go. Soloed to the win.

Ended up 2nd in the season long individual omnium even thought I only did 5 regular season races, that was unexpected. UC Davis won the team omnium.

Yeah, I know it's no NRC racing, but it sure does build the confidence before Gila.

No comments: