Thursday, March 5, 2009

Omer Kem on Sacramento Today

From Omer Kem:

The Tour of CA is the biggest race of the year for Bissell Pro Cycling. The amount of press and media time for our sponsors is almost overwhelming at times. I was lucky enough to be asked to do a television spot on Sacramento Today, the local morning show. This was a huge oppurtunity for the team to show itself to the people of Sacramento.

On Friday morning, the day before the race, I woke up early to get picked up by the TV station. On arrival I was taken back stage and introduced to everyone involved. For Bissell this was huge media exposure, so I brought along a jersey to wear during the TV segment. Once we got started I felt comfortable talking about the Bissell Corp and its commitment to healthy living. The hosts also had questions about racing and what it takes to be a professional rider. I made sure to explain how Bissell emphasized the importance of community involvement, an example being the visit to a cancer ward at the Sacramento Children's Hospital that I was doing later that afternoon. Of course we race our bikes too! My time on TV was fun and I think it was a great event for Bissell Pro Cycling.




No comments: