Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Oregon Race

From Omer Kem:

Hey all. I won a race in Oregon! Here is how it unfolded. Oregon has a spring series of races called the Banana Belt. It is basically 3 races over consecutive weekends that get longer every time. Graham and I made the trip from my home for the 3rd race which is also part of the season long Oregon Cup.

The race with the typical cast of Oregon characters. Pros from Jittery Joes, Rock Racing and Jelly Belly were in attendance and when combined with the locals and some pro mtn bikers, it was a tough field. A break went early and rode about 1 minute off the front for 3 of the 7 laps. A big effort by Graham set me up to bridge with 3 laps to go. After riding for a lap with the original break away, I thought it would be best to whittle things down. I attacked on the main climb of the race on the next 2 laps and dropped everyone except a super tough pro mtb racer. Luckily for me, his sprint was slower than mine.

All in all it was a fun day and great way to introduce the local Oregon scene to the Bissell Pro Cycling Team. Thanks for reading....Omer Kem

1 comment:

Brian Marcroft said...

Thanks for stinking up my car with all that balm too. My nasal passages were clear for the entire next week.