Monday, March 10, 2008

Downtown Greenville Cycling Classic: Results

From Teddy King:

I won my race today! Sure it was only a training series race, but these southerners take their racing seriously. Same as last weekend, it's put on by Hincapie Sports and it's the most legit training series race I've ever seen; there's decent prize money, a whole slew of local pros showed up, and there were about 75 people in our pro/1/2 field. Plus I won it in fairly impressive fashion. I wasn't planning on doing anything until about half way into the race, so that people would have cooked themselves early and I'd still have some gas in the tank. But following wheels, I ended up in a breakaway of 4 strong guys half way into the first of 10 laps. So we rotated strongly for the remainder of the race and held our chasers at bay. It finished up a 2-ish minute climb that we saw every lap. I just out powered people for the win. Booya. Like I said, training series or not, it's pretty legit. And in my book, a win's a win.

http://www.teamhincapie.com/results3.php

No comments: