Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Indoor Training

Well, due to the specific nature of the region I live., ie we get lots of snow and whatnot, well, I've been spending quite a bit of time on the indoor trainer.

Surprisingly, I've been able to surpass my fitness level of past winter's where I spent more time on the actual pavement.

Specifically, I've taken the "quality vs. quantity approach" and have been focusing on addressing each training zone rather than limiting myself as in years past to the much heralded "base" approach.

The only drawback I can see at this point is that I'm carrying around a little more weight in the ol' mid-section due to overall reduction in energy expenditure that you achieve riding for shorter durations inside.

Looks like I've got some dieting to do in the next month.

-Burke Swindlehurst

No comments: